Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why Should I Hire a Makeup Artist?


This is the most important day of your life.

1. You found the perfect dress after hunting for it 3 months, travelled overseas and paid a bomb for it.
2. You have put a deposit for the most amazing venue one year ago – just the perfect setting for you and your guests to share the wonderful event together.
3. The menu took one month for you and your partner to decide and parents to approve.
4. You went through countless websites checking out the best photographers in town and prepared to pay a hefty amount for the best cameraman to record your memorable day.
5. The cake, invitation cards, gifts and decorations have been meticulously planned, designed and ordered from the best suppliers.

You do everything to make sure the event will be your most memorable day, everything will be perfect for your guests but what about you? The star of the occasion?

I have come across many future brides that would spend way beyond their means to get the perfect wedding but when it comes to their makeup and hair, they would first ask about the prices and choose the lowest one to be their makeup artist. Probably after spending so much on these other things, they’re trying to cut down their expenses on the makeup.

Long after the wedding is done, the cake has been eaten, and the music has faded away, the pictures will remain to fill your memory with beautiful images...so then why would you not give more thought about how you would look like on your most special day?

This is one of the most photographed days of your life. It stands to reason that you would want to look your absolute best. This is where the Professional Makeup Artist comes in. You still want to look like yourself but even better...more radiant and stunning!

I’m sure you have seen these brides who look washed out or the face is of different colour tone than their neck, eyebrow too thick etc... What about the bride who look like a finalist in a drag queen contest? No amount of retouching can get rid of imperfections like these in your photographs, even with the most highly trained photographers.

Some even do their own makeup, to save cost, because they know how to use makeup for everyday...but unless you’re a professional makeup artist yourself, please leave it to the expert and you will see a lot of difference! Anyway, you’re the queen of the day, why are you doing the work yourself?

I was really lucky to get hold of my makeup artist for my wedding. I know she was a very busy person with many job engagements- she did my bestfriend's makeup for her wedding and I saw how she worked then. I researched her other works and went to see her a few times to discuss the looks and hairdos that I like...and I was willing to pay her that extra fee even knowing I have many makeup artists contacts that I could get much cheaper...I just love her style and works and she is a very nice and warm person...I know she had to be the one!

She made me feel like a star the whole day and the make up made me look like the diva of the show! Thank you Baby E! and to all of you, Best of luck on your wedding day!